Thursday, August 4, 2011

Coming Soon: Fresh Interviews with Artists in Vienna


Hi everyone! I'm now back in Munich after a whirlwind tour of Vienna. I have lots to share with you - interviews with 5 creative women I met there, and my personal travel photos and notes about it all.

I'm still working on editing the interviews, but I wanted to give you a preview of some of the lovely art, textile design, and photography created by the wonderful women I spoke with in Vienna.

Merisi took the photo of me that you see above at the beautiful Demel cafe. Indulge yourself in her many delicious, poetic, daily photographic posts on her award-winning blog: Merisi's Vienna for Beginners


Patricia is a young designer originally from Bucharest, Romania who has been in Vienna since 2002. I visited Patricia in her gorgeous studio and shop, where she creates one of a kind, handmade dresses and bags using only natural materials. Her label Patricia Vincent is one to watch, and her bags are available online here.


Manuela from good morning - midnight met me a hip, minimalist cafe with delicious food in the multi-cultural 16th District, where we talked about the future of handmade design, our favorite blogs, and discovering new trends via Etsy and the Internet. I absolutely love her chic, monochromatic clothing designs.


Valerie and her friend Ally met me at the unique Kunst Haus Wien Cafe, designed by Austrian artist Hundertwasser. Valerie creates colorful printed fabrics and handmade, textile bowls which you can find in her Etsy shop and on her blog.

Ally is a charming, creative friend of Valerie's, and I was so happy that she could join us for the interview. She recently opened an Etsy shop, showcasing her handmade jewelry, which she makes using organic materials found along ocean shores.

I'll be posting photos and highlights from my interviews with all of these inspirational women, as well as photos and impressions from my personal travels during the next few days. Stick around, I can't wait to share my exhilarating experience of Vienna with you!

xoxo 
Stephanie


p.s. Thank you to Alessia for featuring my travel project and artwork in the Spanish online magazine La Information yesterday!

p.s.s. Thanks also to wonderful Jan for featuring my Creative Courage e-course on Poppytalk last Friday! I am amazed and so grateful for the many new sign ups - thank you very much! I'm very excited about starting my new e-course in September, and I am delighted to meet you all. Hugs from Munich!

***

Top photo credit - Merisi's Vienna for Beginners 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment