Friday, May 6, 2011

Journaling Spring

Sometimes you just want to do a fast and loose page, when things are changing as fast as they do in the spring!

This was my view a few weeks ago...it was a lovely warm day, and I sat out on the deck to sketch!

Love my handy little sprayers to wet the page or pre-wet my paints!  I just did a very loose pencil sketch...


And then sprayed right over it...


And added a wet-in-wet wash in spring colors...


Here are my current favorite working tools for on the spot work...my repurposed Prang box, a small bristle brush with the end sharpened, my little sprayer, and a waterbrush or two...


I added a few touches of quin red and mauve for shadows and redbud trees, then I let that dry and began adding a few touches of ink...


Here's my Lamy Vista pen with Lexington Gray ink, a favorite Loew-Cornell Ultra brush, and my "Prangs"....and finally added notes and the date, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment