Tuesday, May 31, 2011

exploring primaries and lightening your load with WC pencil!

exploring primaries, WC pencil by Cathy (Kate) Johnson

I love to play with simplifying my kit, to see how I can lighten the load and still do whatever it is I want to. Here, you can see a set of muted primaries from Faber Castell's Albrecht Durer line, and a brighter set from Inktense...both are very versatile! (And if you don't want to be that intense, you can mix like crazy as you can see at lower left!)

I've been working on my upcoming mini-class on watercolor pencils, as you can tell!  It'll be a while yet, but you can watch for it HERE.


These are some possibilities from the Albrecht Durer set...I've found them to be as intense as Inktense, and I choose them for the best possible lightfastness.  Both have their advantages, of course!

Here's another set of possibilities for using only three pencils...Derwent Blue Gray and a couple of A-Ds (wish I could remember WHAT...)

No comments:

Post a Comment