Saturday, March 19, 2011

Composite pages for busy days...


Sometimes you only have time for a very-quick sketch or two--sometimes I allow that single sketch to be all that there is on a page, but this is also my JOURNAL, recording what's going on in my life.

Here are three days' worth of sketches and notes...the ongoing studio/office reorganization and the funny things we've turned up (a newspaper clipping from the house blessing here in 1977, old photos, records of payment for paintings sold 30 years ago, royalty reports for back when books sold very nicely, thank you), lunch with friends, the antics of my silly cat, Ellis, and notes about life...

Keely came first, in pencil, at a quick lunch...then the corner of the office a day later, then the cat sketches in the corner, where I had room.  Later, because I'm enjoying my Lamy Safari pen, I went over the sketch of Keely in ink to match the rest of the page, and added a touch of white Prismacolor to suggest dimension...it's a fun page that captures a moment in time. 

Who knows, it may not be done yet...maybe a little more white...

No comments:

Post a Comment