Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quick Snow Sketching

A couple of days in snowy mountains for someone usually sketching in sunny California is a big change. All of a sudden my trusty purple ballpoint pen is not working, water is almost freezing in my brushpen, hands are cold even in my gloves and I get almost waist-deep in snow trying to find a better angle ;) So as a result - I draw very quickly in tiny soft-covered moleskine with staedtler pigment liner and use quickest washes ever and add notes for additional color to finish these in a warm place - after I tape them in my current journal. Then I add more notes and drawings of the "treasures" my little sketching companion collected for me :)

Feb. 2011: Little Skiing Vacation - 2

Feb. 2011: Little Skiing Vacation - 2

Feb. 2011: Little Skiing Vacation - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment