Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Link to Ink Pens

Our Swedish correspondent Nina Johansson just shared a pair of links on the Everyday Matters list that I think you'll enjoy, InkNouveau.and their store, Goulet Pens.  These look like a great deal of fun to browse, and Nina says she has ordered two pens from them, with very satisfactory results.  You can read her blog post HERE.

Many of us artist-journal keepers keep a constant lookout for the fountain pen that does just what we want it to, WHEN we want it to.  I love the wonderful springiness and flexibility of old (early 20th C.) Waterman pens, but they ARE old, and temperamental.  I've had two of them reconditioned, and they're still a bit moody at times.  They need frequent use and an occasional good cleaning.  The newer Waterman Phileas pens are much less temperamental, but also less flexible.

Many people love Lamy pens; my husband does, and so does Australian correspondent Alissa Duke.  Mine didn't seem to want to work well, so I can't speak to that--maybe Alissa will chime in about her new pen with the Extra Fine nib!  (I gave mine to Joseph and he loves it, so go figure!)


Nina got the Noodlers Flex Nib pen, and I'm willing to bet they're going to get a flood of orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment