Friday, February 24, 2012

Flickr, Facebook, Urban Sketchers and the world!

Back when I first got started sharing my art online, there was just Yahoogroups,...and then Flickr, and my online classes...and then blogs, and Facebook...and it's a brand new world that's opened before us.  Sometimes I'm overwhelmed, sometimes humbled, and always challenged.

I LOVE seeing art from all over the world, and getting to know people in Singapore, Tokyo, Brazil, Spain, Ireland, Scotland, Egypt, India, England, Canada, Sweden, and more...

Being included in Danny Gregory's An Illustrated Life: Drawing Inspiration from the Private Sketchbooks of Artists, Illustrators and Designers, writing my own Artist's Journal Workshop and inviting a number of my favorites to share their work and words, and now being part of Gabi Campanario's wonderful The Art of Urban Sketching: Drawing On Location Around The World, I'm astounded at how my horizons have expanded in such a relatively short time.

The other day I was re-reading Urban Sketching and thinking about the amazing people I've "met"--some in person, most through our art and words online.  I'm not the hermit I once was...



Thank you all for the inspiration...and if you don't see your name here, I just ran out of time and space, and my brain finally melted!  I know you're out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment