Thursday, January 6, 2011

Go with the flow...those accordion sketchbooks


Part of the fun of the accordion journal is letting the image flow from page to page...it's a bit tricky unless you have a flat surface to work on, but it IS a lot of fun.  Nice design challenge!

(You can click on the image to see it larger) 

This is my California Journal, showing the flowers that were in bloom, bits of a courtyard, the mountains, my husband, and to the far right, my mother-in-law's nasturtiums and the start of a 3-page spread of the ocean.  I take it with me every time I go out there (my husband's dad still lives there) and add to it or not, as the spirit moves...I don't normally set aside a journal for a theme like this, but the accordions seem to lend themselves to that especially well.


No comments:

Post a Comment