Thursday, April 19, 2012

More Pentel Pocketbrushery!


Pental Pocketbrushes are fun, and can be used in a variety of ways, depending on how much time you have and how much control.  The one above was very fast, the jalopy was when I had a lot of time...

And yes of course I was inspired by Roz's post the other day!



The Starbucks people were fast, too...but nice and bold!  Given their black ink, they're not really the tool to use for delicacy or subtlety, but they ARE great for quick sketches.


Use it alone, or combine with other mediums...watercolor, gouache, colored pencil, you name it.  The one of my cats, above, has a Japanese feel to it, to me... 

I've also used a Kuretake brush pen, but it seems a bit more temperamental...

And I like my Noodler's  Konrad piston fill brush pen, which you can fill with the ink of your choice, but it's out of stock--I believe Noodler's is redesigning it.  I hope they do, I'd recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment